Introduction of me and advice needed for new DK resident.

Skriv her hvis dit emne ikke hører under teknik

Introduction of me and advice needed for new DK resident.

Indlægaf Joelliott82 » tirs feb 19, 2013 8:46 pm

My name is Joe and Im an american living in the KBH area (dansk wife). I have been into 4x4 trucks for 12 years now. Ive had 2 dodge Ram trucks with suspension/body lifts with large tires (up to 39") and all the fun stuff. But now im in DK and trying the best I can to continue my hobby although its quite difficult. I left all my tools/equiptment in the US when i left 18 months ago. And I now drive a 1997 Honda CRV AWD. I have lifted it 35mm using a mix of Old Man Emu and Ironman lift coil springs. I also have larger wheels and General Grabber AT2 tires in 215/70/16 size. So far that about all Ive done to my V. However id like to go further with it.....

I need help with this from some danish 4wd fanatics with info on the DK laws reguarding what i can do to my V and still be mostly legal. This CRV is our only car. Both my wife and I drive it regurally. Its on white plates.

I want to order a full grill guard from the USA and ship it over to DK as i cant find much of interest here. But my co worker said grill guards/bull bars are now illegal. So i contacted my only 4wd shop I know (Nordkyrstens 4x4) and asked them. They replied if the vehicle was older than 2004 it didnt fall into the new laws. Is this true? Can i install whatever i want on the front of my Honda (full grill guard with headlight guards)? Or is there still laws i must follow even though my honda is from 1997?

Also, id like to run a larger tire that might stick out from the sides of the fenders. Ive also been told this is illegal. Is this correct?

Fnally, is there any rules about how high i can lift my honda? Im at 35mm now, but would like to add a custom made spacer to the top of the coil hat (between the top hat and body of the CRV) that would be 10mm or so.

I apologize for my lack of danish. I can speak normal everyday dansk. They just dont teach much about automobile terms in class.

Thanks for your help even though im not a real Toyota (i want a old land cruiser)...
Joe E.
Joelliott82

Re: Introduction of me and advice needed for new DK resident

Indlægaf krüger » tirs feb 19, 2013 10:51 pm

Hi Joe, you found quite a special car to offroad modify, don't think I ever seen one like you describe, interesting anyways :wink:

Should be no problem in bull bar etc. on a' 97' vehicle as you been told, regards to tires, you can't run tires outside the wheel arc legally in Dk (all though many modded 4x4 does 8) ) some wide fender flares might help the "legal look" but there are rules as to percent of wheel size increase, and widening of the track of the car by a percentage (cant remember, don't really care :roll: :wink: ) think it's 5% in tire size max increase...

coil spacers are also a no go, and a small hasle, they could ask you to provide documentation for the lift or springs that documents that it is suited for the Honda...

Denmark is not a' car/4x4 fanatic place sadly :cry:

hope some of this was helpfull, and I can easely follow you regards to the old landcruiser 8)

-
Krüger's J4 serie garage:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5828
-
Brugeravatar
krüger

Geografisk sted: Tvingstrup

Indlægaf Joelliott82 » ons feb 20, 2013 2:20 pm

Tak Krüger. I really appreciate the information you have given. Back in Florida where im from theres basically no limitations on lifts or tires or power. My last truck was a 4wd 2006 Dodge Ram with a 5.9L Cummins diesel (600 hp/1000tq) running 9 inches of lift and 39x14.50x20 MT tires. Its been hard to get used to this regulation here in DK. I want to continue my hobbie as much as possible without bending the law TOO much.

I ended up in this Honda as an agreement with my wife between her ideas and mine. She wanted a VW Polo! :roll: so the CRV is in the better direction for me with 2.0l, AWD, and some ability to modify. Its not by any means my dream. But itll do for now.

My current setup has my tires about as wide as i can legally go. The actual tread of the tire is just under the fender line, but the sidewalls are sticking alittle out. I want to install a wider tire but i may need to rethink that as per your information. The grill guard I want is large. I admit its mostly for fun, living in Brønshøj outside of KBH doesnt require such things. But I want it anyways. :mrgreen:

Heres a link to a picture of it.
http://www.carid.com/1997-honda-cr-v-gr ... 60545.html

Can you take a quick look and verify if I can use this in DK? Theres a difference between bull bars and grill guards. I want to make sure i understand you right about the law before i spend 3,000 dkk to get it here.

Thanks for the help again. Have a good afternoon. Im off to danish class now.
Joe E.
Joelliott82

Indlægaf Thomas » ons feb 20, 2013 9:23 pm

If your V is from before april 2002, there are no restriktions to the grill guard. V's from after this date are only allowed grill guards made of "resilient materials". This sort of kills the idea of a grill guard :wink:
Thomas

Hvor intet vandt - vover igen :mrgreen:
Brugeravatar
Thomas

Geografisk sted: Brædstrup

Indlægaf krüger » tors feb 21, 2013 5:10 pm

Think Thomas answered that for you there Joe :wink:
Krüger's J4 serie garage:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5828
-
Brugeravatar
krüger

Geografisk sted: Tvingstrup

Indlægaf troels » tors feb 21, 2013 6:52 pm

Do you have a pitchure of the dodge truck :D
Mvh Troels Tlf 2343 2780
troels

Geografisk sted: Fredericia

Indlægaf Joelliott82 » tors feb 21, 2013 10:44 pm

Yeah itvwas the answer i was hoping for. :wink: again tusand tak!

Ill try to put up a pict here....
Vedhæftede filer
image.jpg
image.jpg (353.31 KiB) Vist 2168 gange
Joelliott82

Indlægaf Joelliott82 » tors feb 21, 2013 10:46 pm

Only w 6" lift and 37inch Super Swampers SSR tires. I think it was the best this way (most functional/simpliest)
Vedhæftede filer
image.jpg
image.jpg (95.22 KiB) Vist 2168 gange
Joelliott82

Indlægaf Joelliott82 » tors feb 21, 2013 10:51 pm

And the current suv (picture from last summer so its not 100% the same now...no lift spings on the front, no spacers on the rear wheels.
Vedhæftede filer
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.62 MiB) Vist 2168 gange
Joelliott82

Indlægaf troels » fre feb 22, 2013 6:14 am

WOV thats a nice truck :D wish that will be legal in denmark :roll:
Mvh Troels Tlf 2343 2780
troels

Geografisk sted: Fredericia

Tilbage til Andet